Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure, occurs when your blood pressure consistently measures higher than the recommended target (if Diabetic <130/80, otherwise <140/90). Hypertension is often called the silent killer because you may not know you have it. The hypertension program is based on best practice guidelines that provide patients with the tools to manage or prevent high blood pressure.
Our hypertension program team consisting of Nurses, Dietitians, Pharmacists and Certified Diabetes Educators, offer individual plans to help you manage your condition.
What the program offers:
- Blood pressure monitoring for; newly diagnosed patients, at risk patients, stabilized patients and patients needing assessment
- Education on proper techniques for home monitoring
- Lifestyle and self management education
- Risk factor identification
- Review of blood pressure medication and compliance